Saturday, August 2, 2008

How has God Blessed You Today?

To many non-Christians, belief in God is superstitious, un-scientific, non-realistic. To some it might just be a crutch, to others just another belief system among thousands. To many, there is no proof of God.

This might be true in a simple scientific way. One cannot prove God in a test tube. But then many things in science people believe but cannot be proven as scientific fact. Take "Black Holes" for instance. These are an astronomical phenomenon that are expressed in many Sci-Fi movies. Yet scientist believe that they exist. Have they seen a "Black Hole"? The answer is NO. So then how do they believe or prove that one might exist. Well what they do is look at external factors, look at things that might be a cause or an effect of a "Black Hole". Things like, gravitational discrepancies, light discrepancies, etc. Just like wind. We cannot see it, but we can measure its effect on us and our surroundings.

This is not unlike how we can know that God exists. Can we prove God in a laboratory? No. But we can measure His effects on us and our surrounding. This is an acceptable scientific method of proof.

A few months ago, I was travelling on the highway, behind a delivery truck. Next thing, a loud bang. I got such a fright. A block of wood, had come loose on the truck, flew through the air and hit my windscreen. Fortunately it did not come through the windscreen.

Anyway, after I got the drivers particular, I phoned the company involved, who said it was not a problem. I was glad seeing that I had recently cancelled my car insurance. After a few day nothing happened. I then phoned the company involved, and they directed me to their insurance company. This insurance company then refused to pay for my windscreen, stating that their driver gave a different version of events. After lengthy discussions and e-mail, the insurance company said that if I wanted the windscreen paid for I was to take them to court.

Well needless to say, I was not able to tale them to court. So my windscreen remained smashed for weeks. I had to drive the vehicle like that as I never had any other vehicle to use. Being very nervous as I had a feeling that I would be pulled over one day by the traffic police and be fined.

Well that day finally happened. I started out this week Tuesday going to a meeting to secure some websites for my website development and hosting business I just started. The lord was good as I managed to secure two new websites. I was really trusting the Lord, as I figure that I need about 80 websites to make ends meet, and so far I have 8. So the day was good. On my way home, I got pulled over by a traffic policewomen. I kept reminding myself to be kind and polite as perhaps I will get a smaller fine. She asked me for the usual, drivers licence. we exchanged pleasantries. She then went over and had a long look at the smashed windscreen. Oh boy, here it comes, I thought. She then started to explain to me that this was illegal, and that I was going to get into trouble with the police, and that the fine was hefty, bla bla bla. She then asked me how the windscreen was smashed. I relayed to her the whole story.

Surprise, surprise she turned to me and said, "If it wasn't me, you would be in big trouble, but I will let you off this time. But you need to get the windscreen fixed or drive another vehicle". I thought to myself, I had better phone my sister, who owns a windscreen fitment company, and get the thing fitted. Where I will get the money, the Lord only knows. But I was thankful for little mercies, as I did not get a fine, that was a blessing in itself.

Upon arriving home, as I entered the front door, not even having time to relay the story of the current day to my wife, my cell phone rings. I answer. On the other side is my brother-in-law. He asks me where I am at the moment. I tell him, I am at home. He then says something that brings cold chills down my spine, and fills me with heaps of excitement. He says, "Bring you car in, I have a windscreen for you that I can fi right now, My guys are waiting for you."

I rushed to his fitment shop. The windscreen was fitted for free.

You say, that's just coincidential. Maybe. Your brother-in-law knew about the windscreen. Yes He did. But what he did not know, or could not know, is the events of that day. The traffic police, the fine etc. Also I never once asked for a new windscreen or even mentioned it to him.

My point is this. You ask for proof of a black hole, I give you the effects of a black hole. You ask for proof that God exists, I give you the effects God has on His children. God demonstrates Himself to us on a daily basis.

Today in church I preached on Romans 5:8-11. Speaking of God demonstrating His love toward us.
Ro.5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement."

God demonstrates His love towards us on a daily basis. First off by Christ dying for us. Next by His grace every day, and then by His mercy, and then also by His sustenance and protection.

Is God real? Yes He is. How do I know that? I feel the effect of His love blowing on my life on a daily basis.

How has God blessed you today? Why not let me and others know. Drop me a comment.

No comments: