Sunday, August 24, 2008

God Given Talents.

Eph4:11 And he gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

What is talent. Can it be learnt. Does practice make perfect. Can a construction worker become a musical maestro or a brain surgeon. Are you born with talent? Is it Inherited. Do you always have talent, or do you get different talent at stages? Where does it come from?

Many questions that many have asked. I believe that all we have comes from God. After all He is the Creator. He made us. SO whatever we have, what ever you might call it, God gave it to us. He did so for a reason. He gave you and I specific talents because he made us so that we could use those talents in the best possible way.

Now I do not have a talent for music. I am tone deaf, cannot sing. I have learned to play the guitar, but it is very hard. I cannot read music, I cannot play by ear.

Now my son, Daniel, who is only 11 years, has a keen interest in music. He seems to have some sort of natural talent.

He taught himself to play the keyboard and piano. He plays by ear at this moment. He has never had any piano lessons, and never played the piano before. Neither my wife or I taught him. Yet he is pretty good for his age, and for the limited teaching he has received.

Here is a short video of him play “Clocks” by Coldplay.

Where did he get this from? Well I believe that the Creator created him this way. It did not evolve, it did not happen per chance. God intended it to be so.

Yes, he does have to practice, and yes he does have to take lessons. But this I believe is just bringing to the surface the talent God has already given him.

Ro 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Ro 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
1Co 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I would not have you ignorant.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:28 And God has set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet show I to you a more excellent way.

No comments: